Happy Black Friday Friend! Some of you may say YIKES! – “Happy & Black Friday” in the same sentence?! How can that be? Well, for me, I absolutely love love love Black Friday. Barb on the other hand will be watching football. She looks forward to a low key day & What type of Black Friday shopper are?
When I was a little girl my family would travel to relatives in Indy to celebrate Thanksgiving. Those that stayed over would all hit the malls on Friday morning. I remember fighting the crowds, enjoying all the lights and Christmas decorations that were revealed for the 1st time on that Friday morning. We would all divide and conquer chasing after all the great deals and meet up for lunch later in the day. It was so much fun!
Even though stores begin to display their Christmas decorations in early fall and stores open on Thanksgiving Day, I still enjoy rising early on Black Friday like I did as a child and hitting the stores earlier than normal. Yes it has changed, but for me it is a fun day spent with family & friends and I kick off my holiday shopping.
As Barb & I prepared our posts for this holiday season we thought it would be fun to share some of our favorite things to help you with your holiday shopping. They are listed in no particular order and each have a link in case you enjoy shopping from home! Love these things too? Be sure to share this list with the guy in your life & make his shopping easier!
1. She Reads Truth Bible~My mom gave me this a few years ago for my birthday & I LOVE it! Barb gave this to her mom for Christmas last year and she absolutely loved it! It is a beautiful Bible for women young & old!
2. Chloe & Isabel Jewelry~We LOVE this jewelry! Support our dear friend Alexandra Russell by clicking the link and shop under her merchandise! It is gorgeous jewelry and it ships super fast! They are having a HUGE sale for Black Friday so go check it out!
3. Coffee Mugs~We both love Mary and Martha coffee mugs! A perfect gift for that coffee lover in your family! Check out the link below and support our friend Elizabeth Wrage‘s business page. For the month of November, the Christmas mugs are 50% off and the Grace & Gratitude mugs are are buy one get one off.
4. Fab, Fit, Fun Box~This box has it all! It comes seasonally and has so many unique items in it! We LOVE this box. When you see that pretty box on your doorstep, your day will automatically get better!!
5. Workout tanks with an inspiring message are our favorite! CrossTraining Couture Workout Tanks and Gentle Truth have great quality workout shirts and will be sure to send you to the gym in style! Go show them some love & order one today to take advantage of their great deals they are having for Black Friday!
6. Manicure or pedicure gift cards~because every woman/mom needs a little pampering!
7. BOOKS ~ We both love to read and this past year we read “The Nightingale” by Kristen Hannah…Oh my goodness, if you have not read this book you need to! Put it on your list of books to read over the holiday break or in 2019. Another one of my favorite books that I read this year was “100 Days to Brave” by Annie F Downs. The author is hosting a book study starting in January so click here to order your copy and sign up! It was given to me by a dear friend & is a great devotional. Gift it to a friend & they will be so blessed. Books make great gifts so grab a copy of a book you read this year & gift it to a friend!
8. Nutcrackers~These are a favorite collectable item for Barb and she decorates her house beautifully every year at Christmas with her collection of nutcracker. They make great hostess gifts too! Amazon has so many to choose from!
9. Shutterfly Photo Books~Homemade gifts make the best gifts. Create a photo book recapping the events of the past year, or a recent vacation your family took would be a treat under the tree. They are having great Black Friday specials!
10. Goodr Sunglasses – A friend introduced these to me this summer and my husband surprised me with a pair. I LOVE THESE! They are light weight, super cute and are affordable. They come in so many colors too! If you live in the Decatur area go to @Fleet Feet to get a pair or go check out the Goodr website!
These are just a few of our favorite things! So many amazing gift ideas. If you have a favorite thing you absolutely can’t live without, leave a comment below! We all could use more ideas to make Christmas shopping easier! Be sure to check back in each week now thru Christmas because we will be doing a giveaway each week to give away one of our favorite things to a lucky follower of @MotivatedbyMore. Be sure to follow us on Instagram and Facebook so you dont miss out on how to enter to win!
Melanie & Barb